If you are not a fan of the bitterness of an aubergine, but you like the juicy soft texture, then this is the recipe for you!
I think that this dish is a real comforting dish. I love to have this with chapattis chili pickle and garlic pappad.
4 white potato
1 large courgette/ zucchini
1 large tomato
1-2 green chilli's
1/2 inch piece fresh ginger
1/4tsp hing / asafoetida
1/2tsp cumin seeds
1/2tsp black mustard seeds
5-8 curry leaves
1 heaped tsp coriander/cumin powder
1/2tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
salt and coriander to taste
* in a pan heat the oil on a low to medium heat and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
* Add hing and curry leaves, cloves and wait for seeds to crackle.
* add ginger and chilli's and fry for 1 minute.
* add the chopped tomato and fry for 30 seconds.
* add the spices with 1-2 tbs water so that the spices do not burn and stir for 30 seconds or untill the water and oil thickens.
* then add the potato's and stir until well mixed.
* add about 1 cup of water and simmer for ten minutes.
* add the corgette's/zucchini salt and sugar. stir well so that everything is coated.
* simmer untill everything is nice and soft.
* sprinkle on the lemon juice and coriander, stir and serve!!!!! yummy!!